The Town Clerk is a Boat Agent for the State of NH.
Boat Registration Renewals can be done in person, by mail or by phone. Add $5 agent fee to the DMV renewal amount.
(There is no online renewal option for boat registrations)
In Person: at the Town Clerk’s Office, 12 Mountain View Dr. (behind the Post Office)
By Mail: Make out Check to “Strafford Town Clerk”
Include Bow Number & Return Address
Mail to: Strafford Town Clerk, PO Box 169, Strafford, NH 03884
By Phone: Call (603)664-2192 X102, Have Bow Number and Credit Card Payment ready
New Boat Registrations can be done in person at the Town Clerk’s Office, 12 Mountain View Dr., Strafford
You will need:
- Valid Photo ID
- Bill of Sale Information needed on a bill of sale
- A Completed Boat Registration Application
*If the boat is homemade or when a 12-digit Hull Identification Number (HIN) was not assigned to a vessel manufactured after 1972 or when there is no HIN present for any vessel manufactured for any given year, in addition to the above you will need:
- HIN Verification Form
- Must be processed with the DMV
Replacement Registration or Decals
Duplicate Registration: If your current registration was lost or destroyed, you may apply for a duplicate registration in person at the Town Clerk’s Office. There is a $20 charge.
Replacement Decals: If your decals were lost or destroyed, you may apply for replacement decals in person at the Town Clerk’s Office. There is a $4 charge. You must turn in the current validated registration. If you do not have the current validated registration you will have to apply for a duplicate. (See above)
- NH registers boats for the calendar year.
- Notices are mailed to owners by the State of NH early each year.
- Decals for the year are typically available mid-December.
- You may renew your boat with just the BOW# if you do not have your notice.
- NH DMV Boat Registration Information
If you have questions or need assistance, contact the Town Clerk’s Office