2022 Election Dates:
State General Election – Tuesday, November 8, 2022
Absentee Ballot Request
Last day to register to vote before the General Election is Wednesday, November 2nd between 8:30am-2:30pm. You May register to vote Election Day.
(click on image to enlarge)
Current Information on NH Elections from the NH Secretary of State’s Office is posted on their Website
Elections | New Hampshire Secretary of State (nh.gov)
New Voter Registration:
- You can register to vote or change voter information with the Town Clerk during regular business hours.
- If you are registering as a new voter a photo ID, proof of citizenship, age and domicile in Strafford needs to be provided. See “Registering To Vote in NH” above for more information on these requirements.
- You can check your voter status with SOS NH – Voter Look up
Voting by Absentee:
- New Hampshire voters may vote by absentee ballot for specific reasons. The reasons include; being absent from the voter’s city or town, a religious observance, disability or illness, and employment commitments (including caregiving) during the entire time the polls are open. Absentee ballots may also be available when a weather emergency impacts an election.
- 2022 State General 11/8/2022 Absentee Ballot Request Form
- Town Clerk’s Office will be open 3pm-5pm, Monday 11/7 for Absentee Request and Returns.
- Absentee Ballot processing will begin at 10am Election Day.
- Absentee Ballots must be returned by 5pm the day of the Election.
- Check Absentee Ballot Status HERE
FPCA – Military or Overseas Citizen Registration:
- If you are a member of the military, you can obtain a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) from your commanding officer or online – HERE
- Uniformed & Overseas Voter Information – HERE
Supervisors of the Strafford Checklist will be sitting at the Town Office on Friday, October 7, 2022, between 10:30-11:00am and on Wednesday, November 2, between 2:00-2:30pm for corrections to the checklist. RSA 654:27. Wednesday, November 2, 2022, is the last day to register to vote before the General election on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. RSA 659:12; RSA 654:27; RSA 654:8, II.
You may register on General Election Day. RSA 653:7; 654:7-a, 7-b. If you are registering as a new voter, a photo ID, proof of citizenship, age and domicile in Strafford needs to be provided. RSA 654:7.
You can request Absentee Voter Registration and Absentee Ballots for the General Election in November. For more information or requests, please contact Terri Marsh, town clerk at email@example.com or http://www.strafford.nh.gov/.
Supervisors of the Checklist,
Carol Cooper, Martha English, Judy Dupre
In accordance with NH RSA 654:39, every ten years the supervisors of the checklist in each city and town in the State of New Hampshire are required to conduct a verification of the voter checklist. Any person on the checklist who has not voted in the past four years must re-register to remain on the checklist. The Supervisors mailed notice letters in May of 2021 to these voters at the address the voter provided when registering. If you received a letter and wish to remain on the voter checklist, you will need to re-register to vote.
If you still have questions or need assistance, contact the Strafford Town Clerk’s Office at:
- Telephone: (603)664-2192 X102
- Facsimile: (603)664-7276
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Strafford Town Clerk, PO Box 169, Strafford, NH 03884
- In Person: Strafford Town Hall, 12 Mountain View Drive.
- Town Clerk’s Office Hours: Monday/Wednesday 8:30am – 2:00pm and Tuesday/Thursday 1:30pm – 7:00pm