Annual School District Meeting – Saturday, March 11th, 9am
Annual Town Meeting – Saturday, March 18th, 8:30am
Annual Meetings are held at the Strafford School Gymnasium.
You must be a registered Strafford voter to vote at these meetings.
The last day to register to vote is March 9th, then again on Election Day March 14th.
No Voter Registration will be taken between March 15th – March 19th.
Current Information on NH Elections from the NH Secretary of State’s Office is posted on their Website
Elections | New Hampshire Secretary of State (nh.gov)
Registering To Vote in NH – Information Sheet
New Voter Registration:
- You can register to vote or change voter information with the Town Clerk during regular business hours.
- If you are registering as a new voter a photo ID, proof of citizenship, age and domicile in Strafford needs to be provided. See “Registering To Vote in NH” above for more information on these requirements.
- You can check your voter status with SOS NH – Voter Look up
Voting by Absentee:
- New Hampshire voters may vote by absentee ballot for specific reasons. The reasons include; being absent from the voter’s city or town, a religious observance, disability or illness, and employment commitments (including caregiving) during the entire time the polls are open. Absentee ballots may also be available when a weather emergency impacts an election.
- Absentee Request Form for 3/14/23 Election – HERE
FPCA – Military or Overseas Citizen Registration:
- If you are a member of the military, you can obtain a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) from your commanding officer or online – HERE
- Uniformed & Overseas Voter Information – HERE
The Supervisors of the Checklist will be sitting at the town office on Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 10:30-11:00am; Saturday, March 4, 2023, 11:00-11:30am; Thursday, March 9, 6:30pm- 7:00pm; and Friday, March 24, 10:30-11:00am for registrations and corrections to the checklist. The last day to register to vote at the March 11 School District Meeting is Thursday, March 9, 2023. Voter registrations will be taken on town election day Tuesday, March 14, 2023. No additions after March 14 will be accepted until after town meeting on Saturday, March 18, 2023. The town clerk also accepts registrations during her normal office hours. If you are registering as a new voter, a photo ID, proof of citizenship, age and domicile in Strafford needs to be provided. RSA 654:7; RSA 654:12; RSA 669:5
In accordance with NH RSA 654:39, every ten years the supervisors of the checklist in each city and town in the State of New Hampshire are required to conduct a verification of the voter checklist. Any person on the checklist who has not voted in the past four years must re-register to remain on the checklist. The Supervisors mailed notice letters in May of 2021 to these voters at the address the voter provided when registering. If you received a letter and wish to remain on the voter checklist, you will need to re-register to vote.
If you still have questions or need assistance, contact the Strafford Town Clerk’s Office at:
- Telephone: (603)664-2192 X102
- Facsimile: (603)664-7276
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Strafford Town Clerk, PO Box 169, Strafford, NH 03884
- In Person: Strafford Town Hall, 12 Mountain View Drive.
- Town Clerk’s Office Hours: Monday/Wednesday 8:30am – 2:00pm and Tuesday/Thursday 1:30pm – 7:00pm