2022 Election Dates:
State Primary Election – Tuesday, September 13, 2022
Town Hall – Polls Open 8am-7pm Absentee Ballot Request Form
(May 31st was the last day to change party affiliation)
State General Election – Tuesday, November 8, 2022
In accordance with NH RSA 654:39, every ten years the supervisors of the checklist in each city and town in the State of New Hampshire are required to conduct a verification of the voter checklist. Any person on the checklist who has not voted in the past four years must re-register to remain on the checklist. The Supervisors mailed notice letters in May of 2021 to these voters at the address the voter provided when registering.
If you received a letter and wish to remain on the voter checklist, you will need to re-register to vote.
New Voter Registration:
- You can register to vote or change voter information with the Town Clerk during regular business hours.
- If you are registering as a new voter a photo ID, proof of citizenship, age and domicile in Strafford needs to be provided.
- You can check your voter status with SOS NH – Voter Look up
Voting by Absentee:
- New Hampshire voters may vote by absentee ballot for specific reasons. The reasons include; being absent from the voter’s city or town, a religious observance, disability or illness, and employment commitments (including caregiving) during the entire time the polls are open. Absentee ballots may also be available when a weather emergency impacts an election. (If you are voting by Absentee due to Covid concerns you may choose disability/illness for the reason.)
- 2022 State Primary 9/13/2022 & State General 11/8/2022 Absentee Ballot Request Form
- Check Absentee Ballot Status HERE
FPCA – Military or Overseas Citizen Registration:
- If you are a member of the military, you can obtain a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) from your commanding officer or online – HERE
- Uniformed & Overseas Voter Information – HERE
If you still have questions or need assistance contact the Strafford Town Clerk’s Office at:
- Telephone: (603)664-2192 X102
- Facsimile: (603)664-7276
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Strafford Town Clerk, PO Box 169, Strafford, NH 03884
- In Person: Strafford Town Hall, 12 Mountain View Drive.
- Town Clerk’s Office Hours: Monday/Wednesday 8:30am – 2:00pm and Tuesday/Thursday 1:30pm – 7:00pm