1. Home
  2. /
  3. Town Clerk
  4. /
  5. Moved In State

Moved In State

Town Clerk

Welcome to Strafford!

Proof of residency is required for new residents to title and/or register vehicles in Strafford. This is done IN PERSON at the Town Clerk’s Office. You will need proof of identity such as a driver’s license and one proof of residency.

Acceptable Proofs of Residency:

  • Lease/rental agreement or property deed
  • Signed statement from property owner
  • Tax bill
  • Paycheck stub
  • Bank Statement
  • Utility or Insurance Bill
  • Voter Registration

If you have moved within NH and already hold a NH title and registration, bring your current registration at renewal time.

NH DMV requires that you notify them of an address change within 30 days.

A Record Change Request form can be mailed to the NH DMV or completed with the Town Clerk’s Office if renewals are due within 30 days of the move.

Record Change Request form HERE